Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously considering a Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Turboflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not for everyone I know, but my seal Grey Metalic with the boxster Red interior get lots of compliments. I wasnt sure about the interior at first but it grows on you real quick. I would do it again ; almost a gotta have option now.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:14 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 141 Posts

Sounds sharp turboflyer. In all of my searching so far, the one thing I haven't seen is a red interior. I'm still looking, I guess you could call me a bottom fisher. The dealers all seem to have a few 2003 S cars in stock, for not much over their "cost". I am going to wait a couple of months because I think the deals will get a little better. If they don't, I think I'll be able to get almost as good a deal on a 2004 as I can get now on a 2003.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:27 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm coming in on this a little late, I hope the information is still useful.

Don't have PSM, and I don't mind not having PSM. But I have no experience with PSM so I don't know what I'm missing.

I have tracked my 'S' twice. All I've done to it is add a BK roll bar extension (http://www.bkauto.com), harness, and fire ext. As far as I can tell most (if not all) PCA regions will let you DE and Time Trial a Boxster with these minimal enhancements. I have very little track experience, but so far as I can tell the Boxster S is an awesome track car!

I have the bare bones basic sound system (actually I did upgrade to the CD player ). It does OK. But like someone else said earlier, I usually turn it off (or down) so I can hear the car. Maybe my CD collection sucks, but the car sounds a LOT better than any music coming out of the sound system.

At first I too was considering upgrading to the ROW M030. But after talking to some people that have autocrtossed with ROW M030 and H&R Coil-Overs they seem to prefer H&R. If I upgrade my suspension I will probably go H&R, but I'm still on the fence. If you want to keep it factory and get as much performance as possible ROW M030 is the way to go. If you don't care about keeping it factory I would suggest looking at H&R before deciding. Bilstein is suppose to be coming out with a setup for the Boxster (actually I think it's out) but I haven't heard anything good about it yet.

As for the wheels. I have 17's and they seem to do fine. I have a friend who put knock-off 18's on his and was considerably slower at autocrossing. If you are going to get 18's make sure they are as good if not better than factory 18's. Like Alan suggested I am considering 18's for track and leaving my 17's on for street.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:22 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 141 Posts

Well I took the plunge and bought a new '03 S. It's Seal Grey, with a black top and interior, and is equipped with PSM, heated seats, cruise control, windstop, 18" lt. Carrera wheels, colored crests in wheel centers, roll bar painted in exterior color, and aluminum/leather shifter/brake handle. If I ordered this car, I would have put in the trip computer and BOSE stereo and skipped the exterior color rollbar and aluminum/leather shifter/brake handle, but in the end the car will be fine as is. I will pick it up tomorrow night. Thanks for helping me to make my decision.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds sweet! ...do share pics if you get a chance. Congrats.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Donalan
1st Gear

Default Too coincidental

A little late, but : I'm just about ditch my 97 Z3 2.8 and get a Seal "S" JUST like yours - but with the Bose!

Great minds think in concentric circles -

Quick Reply: Seriously considering a Boxster S