Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIWIS reading, R1 and R2, then what ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which part number do you have? We can check wth our engineers.

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
The upgraded (non OEM) front brakes on this car are :
Brembo Front GT Big Brake 6 Piston Red 355x32 Drill Disc.

Note, for example : Such brakes do not clear for the use of the 996 Turbo Twist II (OEM) 18" rims !
But, they do, for the OZ Alleggerita HLT 18 !

Last edited by Race Tech Forged; 10-01-2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

YES our wheels will clear your system.

The upgraded (non OEM) front brakes on this car are :
Brembo Front GT Big Brake 6 Piston Red 355x32 Drill Disc.

Note, for example : Such brakes do not clear for the use of the 996 Turbo Twist II (OEM) 18" rims !
But, they do, for the OZ Alleggerita HLT 18 !
Old 11-26-2016, 10:13 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Had no time to do anything on my "open road" wheel set, (I'm still on the search of an OZ Alleggerita, possibly white set). So, having the Nittos back on the car, ..I had to be back on track !
Btw, I think, about my Nittos, that the time is coming to say, (like they say during tennis games) : "New *****" !

Well, yesterday, such a great track days with the great friends of the North Cal Shelby Club.
Nothing beats 3 groups !
During the last laps of the last session of the day, incredible: I was the last and only car on the track, can you imagine Laguna Seca "all for me" ?

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 02-09-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:35 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Just looking at the photo above again, and I think I should add :
This is my "helmet hood" (cagoule) that is hanging below the sun visor, ..not one of my socks !
(I just want to be sure all is clean up here !)

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 12-14-2016 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:19 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Name:  PCH1%20800.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  109.6 KB

Escaping into the open roads, (not so good with the Nitto's !), but so great to be on PCH1 (here, near Pescadero), no roof, stick shift, engine in the right position, life with a Boxster is Beautiful !
Old 12-23-2016, 08:40 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Back from Laguna Seca, and ..another fun run on the Beautiful PCH1

Looking on my back :

Name:  IMG_9585%20PCH1%20800.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  230.8 KB

Looking at left :

Name:  pch1%20left%20view.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  182.4 KB

Looking at right :

Name:  IMG_9584%20right%20800.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  213.3 KB

or, enjoying winter in beautiful California.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:12 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Name:  Merry%20Xmas.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  136.6 KB
Old 01-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Great post.... thanks!

Last edited by Chuck W.; 12-18-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:05 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

I finally found a set of 18" OZ Alleggerita, so, my "road tires" will have rims again !
It is true that with no roof", I do not really need rain tires !
But using the car (that still remain 100% street legal, smog test all OK, etc..) on the open road with R compound rubber tires, is not a very good thing.
I'm happy to be able to have my PS2 Sport back again !
I think I will use the "winter time" to have this set powder painted in white, will see.

Ah, I forgot to mention: these OZ came with a set of Goodrich GForce 1R in very good health. As my Nittos are getting close to end of life (the rubber is mostly no longer on tires, but now lying flat on the Laguna Seca surface), I should be able to tell you soon the differences between NT01 and GForce R1.

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 01-20-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:48 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Beside the California rain, and my travel plan, the Boxster is not moving much these days.
In addition, I should mention that I think my power steering pump is dead !
(Or some additional winter work that are still not done yet !)

OK, the only thing I can do, is posting some great souvenirs of my 2016 LS laps, or :

Name:  LS%20800.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  203.4 KB

..Yes, I love this photo, and I'm sure you understand why !
Old 06-12-2017, 09:58 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Well, time goes, ..and still have no time except looking at these "old" pictures.
I need to find the time to have the Boxster ..where it should really be :

Name:  missing%20this%20spot%20so%20much.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  146.4 KB
Old 02-03-2018, 12:09 AM
thegiant24
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After this past ..and very first “Concours” tentative, with a quite surprising and successful result, back home and, no time to prepare the car to be back ..were this car is intended to be use, i.e.: on track.
I think next track session will be September, at least I hope !
(For now, let’s have the Boxster in vacation.)

In order to keep some small activities, I bought some central console parts (all in black plastic, or some parts covered with black vinyl (OEM), and use some of my part time, to strip the vinyl and replace this OEM finishing material, by Alcantara.
Doing such works by small slices of “timeshare”, it took some time, but now, to my view, my center console has a kind of better look and feel !
i.e.: the lateral side parts below the shifter, the ash tree area and the cover of the rear box are now covered with Alcantara !

Attachment 1199028

I also took the time to "move" the fixed point of the harness lock, from the front ("antisub" point) into the left band, this in order to be able to use it as a 4 points, and more important for me, to be easier to "hide" the antisub (now without the locking mechanism) under the front cushions of the seat !
Note that moving the fixed point of a Schroth harness, ..is a very "complicate" task, i.e.: looks more like fixing a watch than doing some "mechanic" !
I did such work twice already, and I'm not sure will do it a third time !

Attachment 1199029

Attachment 1199030

As this car is quite old, doing such "remodeling" work maintain IMO attractiveness and great level to be happy being inside, this together with such a great chassis behavior.
i.e.: an old car, but, such a great car.

And then, what’s next “mods” ? Well, I need now to find a roof solution. I have no plan to put the OEM roof back on place, so, I need to find another solution.
Will see, Hope to be done with that ..before the winter !

Sure, now that the brakes are super good, the suspension is fine, well, ..may be a serious pro tuning on the suspension would be also part of the important future plan, the last very important one is the engine. A good rebuild would be a great solution. Still thinking deeply on that.

what seat mounts did you use on the driver side? They look like they’re mounted very low to the floor despite having sliders installed.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:40 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Very good observation !

Yes, in the passager side: no rails.
I felt that passager do not have to tune up position to activate the pedals, ..therefore: fixed seat !
Reason : saving weight.
Btw,
On track, I'm against having passagers. First, sharing risks is imo not a good proposition at all. Second, ..saving weight !
On the roads, I never had any complains from ..my wife, that feels the position is good.

Basically, in both side, the seats are fixed to the lateral plates (thick aluminum, ..that are covered by black alcantara on the outside).
In the driver side, the aluminum plates are fixed to the OEM rails and in the passenger side, they are fixed to an aluminum square frame.
In the front, this frame is on steel marine hinges (using the oem screws), and in the back, the oem screws goes through the frame directly into the OEM chassis fixations.

Both seats are adjusted to be on the height, drilling the holes in the lateral aluminum plates at the desired height, i.e.: left with rails and right without rails !

Gains :
. In the passager side, the whole thing is very solid but much lighter than rails
. removing (super easy) the two back screws enable the seat to tilt, and give an easy access to the front of the engine, via the removable panel of the firewall.
(I was "there" few times, i.e.: low temp thermostat, new steering wheel pump, new water pump, under drive pulley, etc.. )

In the scale :
Changing the OEM manual/electric seats, to Sparco Sport buckets :
. passenger, fixed, with an aluminum frame/side plates, gain : 13.7 kg or 30 lbs
. driver, still with OEM (sliding) rails, gain : 10.7 kg or 24 lbs

Does the above answers your question ?

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 02-09-2018 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:48 AM
thegiant24
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, thank you for the response. Are the side mounts you’ve used on the driver side the Brey Krause mounts that work with the stock sliders?

Very good observation !

Yes, in the passager side: no rails.
I felt that passager do not have to tune up position to activate the pedals, ..therefore: fixed seat !
Reason : saving weight.
Btw,
On track, I'm against having passagers. First, sharing risks is imo not a good proposition at all. Second, ..saving weight !
On the roads, I never had any complains from ..my wife, that feels the position is good.

Basically, in both side, the seats are fixed to the lateral plates (thick aluminum, ..that are covered by black alcantara on the outside).
In the driver side, the aluminum plates are fixed to the OEM rails and in the passenger side, they are fixed to an aluminum square frame.
In the front, this frame is on steel marine hinges (using the oem screws), and in the back, the oem screws goes through the frame directly into the OEM chassis fixations.

Both seats are adjusted to be on the height, drilling the holes in the lateral aluminum plates at the desired height, i.e.: left with rails and right without rails !

Gains :
. In the passager side, the whole thing is very solid but much lighter than rails
. removing (super easy) the two back screws enable the seat to tilt, and give an easy access to the front of the engine, via the removable panel of the firewall.
(I was "there" few times, i.e.: low temp thermostat, new steering wheel pump, new water pump, under drive pulley, etc.. )

In the scale :
Changing the OEM manual/electric seats, to Sparco Sport buckets :
. passenger, fixed, with an aluminum frame/side plates, gain : 13.7 kg or 30 lbs
. driver, still with OEM (sliding) rails, gain : 10.7 kg or 24 lbs

Does the above answers your question ?
Old 02-23-2018, 02:53 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

No, they are simple L shaped thick aluminum plates.

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 05-13-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Quick Reply: PIWIS reading, R1 and R2, then what ??