a very special story for the boxster guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 08:27 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default a very special story for the boxster guys

here is an interesting story that happened to me last weekend. i posted it on the off topic an hour before the boards moved, and it got lost in the transfer, so i though i would post it here for you guys.

well i got a flat on the way to a show the other day. i was pulled over on the side of the road by a light, and all these great sports cars and classic cars were goin by. i was fine until my 35 year old jack decided it didnt want to go anywhere and locked up half way up. i turn around and i see a 944 near by.. maybe i can borrow his jack, and i can get it the rest of the way up, change the tire and then slide my frozen original jack out.

so i walk up to the 944, remembering all the great people i know who have 44's and how they are always willing to lend a hand etc. so i tell the guy and his girlfriend my situiation, they looked to be about 23 or 24.. can ya help a fellow porsche owner out? "umm.. no, we've gotta get to the mall" what a 944 owner said this? yeah.. i was shocked. so i go back to work trying to free this jack up.

this is where it gets real interesting. a few mins later with out even saying anything a boxster owner stops by and asks if i need help yes.. a boxster owner.. the same kinda guys that everyone makes fun of saying they are not true to the brand, cause their cell phone talkin mocca chino drinkin etc... im not one to care about that though. this guy was nice enough to pull over and help. so i tried his scissors jack.. wouldnt go high enough. i thanked the guy and his wife anyways, and told them i really appriciated their help. he offered me his cell phone, and i called up a buddy and he came buy with his portable 4000 lb floor jack, and we got it out. drove the 45 mins home on my spare, an original, 35 year old semperit tire, with no probs.

i usually never say or really care about intermodel squables, as i respect all porsches for what they are, and their own styles, and driving characteristics. but next time i hear someone bash a boxster, im gonna let em know what my experience is.

keep the faith, f*ck what others think
Harry

Last edited by hoffman912; 07-16-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:26 PM
strudel
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You never know what other cars a Boxster owner might have.
'03 Boxster
'73 S coupe
'73 Targa w/3.2 track/street car
'68 v.w. crewcab w/2.4 E motor & 5 sp.
2001 Eurovan
Old 07-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Harry...always loved your pro-all-things-Porsche-attitude. Keep the faith!

And good luck on that X-country trip!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:55 AM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by strudel
You never know what other cars a Boxster owner might have.
I agree
Old 07-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Control It
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

strudel...

good point

Mark
Old 07-19-2003, 06:36 PM
PaulStewart
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've always owned "entry level" Porsches since my 1966 912.

Quick Reply: a very special story for the boxster guys