Sponsored by:

Spare Tire for Boxster Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 PM
APEXHNTR
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts
Question Spare Tire for Boxster Spyder

Have any Spyder owners looked into a spare tire? I have heard that Porsche made a tire that will clear the calipers but the diameter may not match the rear tire circumference. That could be an issue with the limited slip. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:07 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a spare jack and a plug kit to carry on trips. I think getting the car in the air gives you a much better chance at locating / evaluating the leak and more importantly improves the efficiency of the included power inflator with the vehicle weight off the tire. If the included German fix a flat fails, I figure a plug kit is good to have too and a good strong pliers for nail pulling. The damaged tire would likely get replaced on my car anyway so might as well make any flat functional with the additional items, it's cheaper than a flat bed tow and will get you out of the woods if you like rural driving as I do and it eliminates any issues regarding the wheel sizes and the potential effect on the LSD.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
APEXHNTR
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

We have a small jack and plug kit in my pick up truck. Perhaps they need to be moved over to the spyder. Then by adding an inflator and leatherman mult-tool w/pliers....a similar kit could be assembled. That is certainly better than having to call a flatbed. Good advise especially in rural areas where a cell phone may not work.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car should have come with German fix a flat, inflator and small photo of crossed fingers.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 510 Likes on 326 Posts

This will work? Obviously it's meant to allow you to limp to the closest tire shop to fix your tire.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...Code=987WHELAX
Old 07-30-2013, 01:15 AM
chrismmm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my local german shop may have a spare kit for you and your car. I am using one from another wrecked cayman.. works well for me and fits great in front well area. pm me if interested.

Quick Reply: Spare Tire for Boxster Spyder