Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

:: ECS Tuning :: Wipe Away The Years From Your Porsche With CPP Headlight Restore Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:31 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: Wipe Away The Years From Your Porsche With CPP Headlight Restore Kit

Over the years, the plastic headlight lenses on any vehicle become cloudy because of UV damage, heat, and nicks. Replacing headlights can get extremely expensive, and often does not need to be done.

Because the damage on the lenses is so superficial, it's easy to do a restoration rather than replacement. Using a simple hand drill and this kit, you can eliminate most all of the cloudiness in your lens for better visibility at night.

Masking the area surrounding the headlight or removal is suggested to prevent any paint damage.

Click Here for more information
Old 05-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

My local dealer has someone that now does headlights.

The SM mentioned it to me the last time I had the car in. Too late to have it done then but the next time I have the car in for service I'm getting the original one on my Boxster done.

I do not know if the headlight refinishing system is the one you are advertising but the SM assured me the results are remarkable.

In my Boxster it is particularly noticeable since there is one original headlight and a "new" one replaced back in Feb. of 2009. The headlights have the same bulbs but light from the original one is yellow.

Oh the price is $50/headlight I've been told.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We've had great results with this product, it's advised that you put Lamin-x or some sort of protective film on the headlights after your finished. This will increase the longevity dramatically then it normally would. We did our headlights about a year ago and haven't had any issues so far and they continue to look great. You'll have to take some before and after shots.

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: Wipe Away The Years From Your Porsche With CPP Headlight Restore Kit