Sponsored by:

SoS! BoxsterS 2002 No response to the key

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:22 AM
brravo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoS! BoxsterS 2002 No response to the key

Hello. Sorry for my English. Please help with car BoxsterS 2002. Everything worked perfectly. But today did not want to start. No response to the key when i turn. Electric does not check, and does not check the oil level. No clicks. does not turn the engine. I checked the fuses they looks great. Maybe because spring, very wet.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM
CWM986
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your car not go into "safe mode" or "sleep mode"? I don't drive mine everyday and sometime 2-3 weeks pass where I don't get to drive it. The car then shuts off some of the security systems to preserve power. You press the button on the key while unlocking the door to re-activate the systems... My 2 cents.

Neels Muller - 2013 Ranger Wildtrak 4x2 - 2007 Conqueror Commander
Old 04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by brravo
Hello. Sorry for my English. Please help with car BoxsterS 2002. Everything worked perfectly. But today did not want to start. No response to the key when i turn. Electric does not check, and does not check the oil level. No clicks. does not turn the engine. I checked the fuses they looks great. Maybe because spring, very wet.
Reads like the battery is dead.

A bad ignition switch might be the problem but given everything is dark probably not but try wiggling the key as you insert/turn the key. If you get results then the ignition switch becomes suspect #1. Otherwise, my guess would be the battery is dead. Dead. And dead.

With the wet weather be sure body water drains are free of any trash.

If you find trash check that no water has backed up and gotten into the cabin.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:45 PM
gfl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agree. First thing is...

measure, if you can, the voltage on the battery terminals. Report back. or, if you prefer, call a roadside service. I suspect, however, that after a long sleep your battery will not come back to life even if they get it to start with a jump-start.

more remote possibilities are water in electrics, or the switch itself,a troublesome part.

Grant

Quick Reply: SoS! BoxsterS 2002 No response to the key