Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 vs 987 Suspension & Brake Compatibility.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 AM
GooDy151
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 997 vs 987 Suspension & Brake Compatibility.

I have full suspension and brake assembly from 997 S. Does any one know if these parts will be a direct bolt-on swap into a Boxster 987 Chassis? I have Complete Knuckles and Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers with the Carrera S brake setup and Lower Control Arms.

Will both front and rear knuckles and brake setups fit?

If they do fit will I need to swap over Brake Master Cylinder and Proportioning Valve?

Thank You in advance.

I'm looking for shared knowledge and information. Not criticism and negative opinion. Please if you don't have anything useful to tell me save your negative criticism for someone who will listen.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM
gfl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My guess is ....

that the calipers would bolt on, as will the rotors, although i am not 100% certain.

But bear in mind that the 997s rear brakes are larger, compared with the fronts, than the 987, due to its greater rear weight bias. A simple swap would result in too much braking at the rear - just what one needs at the end of a straight when threshold braking on rouhg pavement.

Not.

The springs and dampers i would doubt. Even if they did fit, the cars have very different weights and weight distributions, so it would not be a good idea in any situation.

Grant

Originally Posted by GooDy151
I have full suspension and brake assembly from 997 S. Does any one know if these parts will be a direct bolt-on swap into a Boxster 987 Chassis? I have Complete Knuckles and Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers with the Carrera S brake setup and Lower Control Arms.

Will both front and rear knuckles and brake setups fit?

If they do fit will I need to swap over Brake Master Cylinder and Proportioning Valve?

Thank You in advance.

I'm looking for shared knowledge and information. Not criticism and negative opinion. Please if you don't have anything useful to tell me save your negative criticism for someone who will listen.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM
gfl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh, do you know there is a 987 forum? And this is not it :-)

one. two.

Quick Reply: 997 vs 987 Suspension & Brake Compatibility.