Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right Headlight & Tail Light Always On

Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 AM
filastein
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Headlight & Tail Light Always On

Started the car in the garage last week and noticed my right headlight was on. Got out and found the right tail light on as well. So when I turn the ignition on, both of these lights come on no matter what. Otherwise they work as designed.

I have the fog light hack and had recently got rid of the DRL hack, though I couldn't say if that move coincided with this anomaly.

Any ideas?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by filastein
Started the car in the garage last week and noticed my right headlight was on. Got out and found the right tail light on as well. So when I turn the ignition on, both of these lights come on no matter what. Otherwise they work as designed.

I have the fog light hack and had recently got rid of the DRL hack, though I couldn't say if that move coincided with this anomaly.

Any ideas?
The headlight switch IIRC allows one to turn on all the parking lights, or just those on one side or the other.

I assume the headlight switch isn't just simply turned one click to far the wrong way?

Be sure the head light and tail light assemblies are plugged in and secured/locked in place.

A worn out/bad headlight or even ignition switch can account for headlight gremlins.

Water in one or both doors can cause electrical gremlins but usually these are at first door/window related then later can appear in other seemingly unrelated areas of the car. Give the doors a shake for any water sloshing sounds. Might as well check under the seats and along the doors for any dampness.

While you are in the mood, check the water drains under the covers on either side of the battery and on either side of the rear of the top under the clamshell.

Last of course is the fog light hack and the DRL hack might have some wires crossed and that accounts for the symptom. Double check your work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Right Headlight & Tail Light Always On