Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internal differences between M96.20 and M96.21

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After a little leave of absence on this project (sometimes life gets in the way), I was able to complete the mating of case halves. A bit tricky but not undoable.

The objective here is to lift the 4-6 case half by about 3-5 mm in order to have the pilot hole line up properly with the wrist pins. That can obviously not be done when both halves are already screwed together, so first had to install the wrist pins (and those darned circlips) then lift up case a little further to have enough space to reach in and put down sealant using spacers on 4 corners (30 mm small diameter pvc pipe works great!).

Heads are on now and rest of rebuild should be a breeze.

If anyone has two variocam solenoids (not the whole actuator assembly, just the solenoids) lying around, I'd like to buy them for decent money.

Joost
Old 02-27-2013, 01:41 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love a copy of this book has it been published
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpenguin
After a little leave of absence on this project (sometimes life gets in the way), I was able to complete the mating of case halves. A bit tricky but not undoable.

The objective here is to lift the 4-6 case half by about 3-5 mm in order to have the pilot hole line up properly with the wrist pins. That can obviously not be done when both halves are already screwed together, so first had to install the wrist pins (and those darned circlips) then lift up case a little further to have enough space to reach in and put down sealant using spacers on 4 corners (30 mm small diameter pvc pipe works great!).

Heads are on now and rest of rebuild should be a breeze.

If anyone has two variocam solenoids (not the whole actuator assembly, just the solenoids) lying around, I'd like to buy them for decent money.

Joost
I have 1 solenoid & a extra "S" 68mm throttle body. PM me if interested.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 PM
scotindallas
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics?

Any pics to share of this build?

Pretty please?

Quick Reply: Internal differences between M96.20 and M96.21