Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Congrats Boxster Enthusiasts....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Congrats Boxster Enthusiasts....

I was for years on the 997 forum and just sold my car (modded 997) and as of a few weeks back onto the 993tt forum now. (ruf turbo R)

That said, I saw my first newly designed Boxster yesterday and was blown away... the cars styling is perfect... I watched the 997 owners anticipate/react to the new 991 release and so much back and forth on what they did right and wrong in the 991; Many 997 owners deciding to keep their 997 as the 991 missed the mark for them in many areas and just not a car that snagged your soul and made you yearn for the new Carrera. For the Boxster it looks like this new car is clearly (at least imo) an amazing upgrade in styling. (can not comment on drive as did not test drive). The car looked just amazing from almost every angle, front, back, sides, headlight config, interior, etc and other.

I am happy for the Boxster community they got (what looks to me at least) a great new year model to look after....May have to pick one up soon!

Last edited by mickfluff; 08-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:27 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, okay.....I know you meant to spell it "Boxster." And I hope you have the opportunity to own one, too. They're great cars!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:19 PM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have yet to see one in person, but they look good in the pictures. I'm pretty happy with my 986, especially for the price, don't really feel like I've won anything with them releasing a new car that I won't be able to afford for years to come...
Old 08-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

I agree the 981 looks absolutely fantastic and can only get better from here!

Steve if you every have the opportunity I suggest you go for a test drive. You will be amazed with the cars capabilities and having the top down brings on a whole new experience you don't get in a coupe.

Good luck with your newly acquired 993 RUF!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:22 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I drove one couple of weeks ago. Drives great, but am still not sure about the exterior. Kinda looks like Toyota MR2 Spyder to me. Actually happened to see a MR2 on the drive and it does look kinda similar. The PDK is really nice especially it blips the throttle on downshifts. But I still want my manual...
Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I drove a 981S PDK a few weeks ago, and liked it, but wasn't able to really drive it to the edge of traction to see how it *really* compares, which was disappointing. Every Porsche dealer should be required to have their own on-site track to really push the cars to feel how they handle where it really matters. Otherwise, we might as well be test-driving minivans.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 6 speed

I would only go with a 6sp in Boxster, IMO its a drivers car and the whole reason I would want one would be to "drive the car" and to me that only comes with a manual tranny car... I appreciate the PDK, realize hard to beat technology in a 0-60 run these days but for me its a 6 speed...

MR2? Have to say MR2 for its time looked nice but was a bit small.... the new Boxster seems light years ahead of the MR2 and more looks like a Carrera GT then a Mr2 or maybe a cross between the two....

Originally Posted by sjfehr
I drove a 981S PDK a few weeks ago, and liked it, but wasn't able to really drive it to the edge of traction to see how it *really* compares, which was disappointing. Every Porsche dealer should be required to have their own on-site track to really push the cars to feel how they handle where it really matters. Otherwise, we might as well be test-driving minivans.

Quick Reply: Congrats Boxster Enthusiasts....