Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible suspect,is my catalytic converter failing???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 PM
clipod
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible suspect,is my catalytic converter failing???

Hi,
I have a boxster 2001 with 75000 on it.

My cars performance keeps on failing and these days its becoming bad.

I have been going through this link http://www.andysautosport.com/hi_flo...e_boxster.html where its written,

"If your Boxster engine seems to be losing power or your temperature gauge reads a little high, one possible culprit could be that a rich condition is feeding excessive unburned fuel into the catalytic converter, which can overheat it as well as damage it."

My cars temperature is a little high if I drive for more than 20 min, few times when I idle at a signal light and when I press gas to move the car, I feel I am pulling a big truck with my car and I had to give more rpm around 2k to move the car or it vibrates. Also one more thing which I have noticed was the car performs ok with in the first 10 min of my ride but after that it performs really bad. If I am going uphill with my ac on I think even a pick up can over take me.

My mechanic keeps on saying there is nothing wrong with the car all the time and last time when I gave my car for its 60k service he said it did not throw any error codes. Since then the performance even got worse. Please guys I need help really bad with this problem.

Quick Reply: Possible suspect,is my catalytic converter failing???