Upgrade from Porsche Sound Package to Bose

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Glenn Richardson
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade from Porsche Sound Package to Bose

Hi,

I have a 2001 Boxster S with CDR22, the Porsche Sound Package 4X40w Amp, Dash speakers, Door speakers/woofers.

I have purchased a full set of Bose speakers - Dash,Door and Parcel shelf midrange/woofer but as my system was not MOST I understand that it would be near impossible to use a Bose amp. Instead I have a 6X40 AES amp (in fact I also have Nokia 6X40 amp, got a bit carried away on ebay).

My intention is to replace the existing speakers with the bose speakers (which I am guessing are different from the existing ones), replace the 4x40 with one of the 6X40 and use that to drive the lot.

1) Is this feasible?
2) If not should I leave existing speakers, add parcel shelf woofer and switch amps.
3) any other suggestions using these parts i.e. No replace with after-market set-up/head-unit/amps etc I want to stay as stock as possible and have already purchased the Bose set-up and really want to use it if at all possible.

Also According to my option list I have the Prepare for CD changer option. What does this include and If I buy a cd changer what do I need to to to get it installed?

Thanks in advance.
_
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
pecora
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No expert here ,but make sure you check ohms. I think Bose uses 4's not 8's.

Rick

Quick Reply: Upgrade from Porsche Sound Package to Bose