Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth audio (A2DP) 2013 Boxster?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Aseer
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth audio (A2DP) 2013 Boxster?

I went for a test drive of the 2013 Boxster S yesterday. The car was tricked out and drove great (I just added the Sport Chrono package to our list of wants, the test drive sold me). On a whim the sales manager and I tried connecting my phone via Bluetooth (this car had the premium audio/com system). The phone connected but for calls only, no streaming of audio. (he was sure it would stream audio but we couldn't make it work)

We tried it on a 991 and Panamera and it streamed fine (he reset the BT, we connected, configured the AUX port to stream audio and was listening to Lyle Lovett, the Bose system sounds better than I expected).

Does anyone know if this is something that will get addressed with a fw update, does the BT chipset support streaming (A2DP)? I'll likely order the car in any case but seeing a $90k+ car that cannot do something as basic as stream audio from my Iphone by bluetooth was both a surprise and disappointing (especially since the other models we tried did it just fine).
Old 11-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Aseer
6th Gear

To answer my own question. We just picked up our S and found that the issue I discovered with the S we tested in July has been resolved - our car can stream audio over BT from an Iphone.

A2DP does seem to now work. (we had full control of the playlist)

Good on ya Porsche.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the car.

What did you order? Color, specs.... and most of all...PICS!!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Aseer
6th Gear

It's an S, GT Silver metallic, matching wheels, carrera red interior, carbon fiber trim, multi-wheel, premium package incld sound/nav - Sports chrono, PDK, PASM. It's a nice build. Getting bra'd now.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Ohhhhhh that is the same color combo we want!!! Do share photos when is is all prep!!!

I am a diehard manual freak... but I took a 991 out for a test drive with the PDK and that tranny rocks! Just don't know if the thrill for me would go away quick... so I might still stick with manual tranny. No new Boxster to test drive.

Anyway, congratulations on your new car. It is a beauty!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Hijack, I know... but thrilled with the car...

These photos sealed the deal for me on color combination (a shade of silver with red)...

Old 11-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Aseer
6th Gear

The current PDK on the S is the best I've ever driven. I was a manual guy too, until I test drove the 2013 with PDK... am actually driving a new 911 Carrera S right now with PDK (dealer loaner while my car is being prepped) - I don't miss a manual at all. Call me converted.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Aseer
The current PDK on the S is the best I've ever driven. I was a manual guy too, until I test drove the 2013 with PDK... am actually driving a new 911 Carrera S right now with PDK (dealer loaner while my car is being prepped) - I don't miss a manual at all. Call me converted.
I hear you... the sound of the engine rev-matching on the dowshifts, the sound of the sport exhaust note... I was giggling like a little kid... intoxicating driving experience... and knowing that it is a true manual tranny with dual clutch and just some gimmicks to make the shifts... are you reading how I am talking myself into it, lol...

They will give me a call as soon as one comes in that I can test drive... the test drive I did was in a 991 S with PDK, Sport Exhaust and a few more options geared to the spirited driver...

Enjoy your car in good health

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth audio (A2DP) 2013 Boxster?