Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Bose amp interchangable with Becker unit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 PM
gforrest2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Bose amp interchangable with Becker unit?

My stereo died in my 03 Base last month. It's a CDR23 with a Becker BE6600 amp and uses the MOST bus. I've spent weeks searching and searching for help with this as well as reading countless posts on replacing these units. The CDR23 appears to function, i.e., radio channels change, cd works, volume numbers go up and down, just no sound. I'm no audiophile, so I'm happy with this system. The BE6600 amp is hard to find and expensive, generally around $400 from a junkyard with a 30 day warranty. Thought it'd be cool to update to a double din GPS and read all the threads on how this is done, but really, I just want to be able to listen the news on the way to work and a little music on the weekends. So a few questions. Is the Bose amp with the Most bus interchangable with my Becker unit, i.e, will the wiring and fiber connections plug right in? The Bose amps are more readily available and a bit cheaper. I don't think I have the Bose speakers, which I understand to be 2 ohm. I just have the door woofers and dash speakers. Are these regular, 4 ohm speakers? I ordered that PC2-95-4 harness out of the UK, so I will see if I can put my meter to the leads and get readings off the stock speakers. If the speakers are 4 ohms and the Bose amp won't work, I'll probably just get an aftermarket head unit and plug it right into the stock speakers with no amp.

Sorry for the long and rambling post.

Cheers,

Glen

Quick Reply: Is Bose amp interchangable with Becker unit?