Sponsored by:

Can u clear my Airbag Light? North Bay, CA

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 02:08 PM
raleigh5
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can u clear my Airbag Light? North Bay, CA

the airbag warning light is on in my 2000 Boxster. i do not have the correct diag tool for reading/clearing the associated fault code(s) that triggered the warning light.
i think the only reason the light is on is because i had removed the steering wheel to switch out the turn signal / wipers control unit. I should have read through the procedure from start to finish before doing this procedure...because i could have avoided this issue by disconnecting the battery

is there anybody in the north bay area who has the diag tool for clearing this up and would be willing to do so? i am in sonoma county and i am pretty flexible time-wise, feel free to email me at my forum user name at hotmail. or text me at 7o7 48o nyne for 1 one.

thank you!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell I'm in Chico, CA. If someone can help this guy out please help me turn mine off!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Unless I'm mistaken it takes a Porsche diagnostics tool (PIWIS2 now) to clear the error codes and extinguish the light.

I'm not sure if a Durametric can do this. Regardless, I have neither tool, so I can't help any.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Can u clear my Airbag Light? North Bay, CA