Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Problem 2000 Porsche Boxster S Tiptronic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM
God
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Transmission Problem 2000 Porsche Boxster S Tiptronic?

All gears shifts smoothly except for 2nd>3rd. When using the manual mode I have to let off the gas switching from 2nd>3rd if I don't the transmission will shift in a delay & shift hard. Also in automatic mode from 2nd>3rd is a delayed & hard shift.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM
God
2nd Gear

Anyone?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search Tiptronic in the 996 section. There may be info there that would help.

Gary
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by God
All gears shifts smoothly except for 2nd>3rd. When using the manual mode I have to let off the gas switching from 2nd>3rd if I don't the transmission will shift in a delay & shift hard. Also in automatic mode from 2nd>3rd is a delayed & hard shift.

Well, nothing concrete.

There's not much the average person can do with an automatic if its acting up.

Best advice I can offer is ask your favorite shop -- one that is highly experienced and qualified on Porsche Tips -- to see if the shop can hook up a Porsche diagnostics computer and interact with the Tip to see if it can spot anything that points to the cause of the symptoms.

If you want to throw some money at the symptom a Tip fluid/filter service is one way.

But word I get is sometimes even if the Tip is ok, showing no signs of trouble, but just has a lot of miles on it and is *past due* for a fluid/filter service, a fluid/filter service seems to accelerate the Tip's downward spiral. What I was told if the Tip is past due and working ok, let it alone.

But if the Tip is acting up... like I said if you want to throw some money at the symptom...

But before the fluid change I'd see if the diagnostics computer can tell me anything specific.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 AM
rdb525i
1st Gear

mine has the exact same problem. What was the problem finally? did you fix it?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:55 PM
gfl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I dont really know either, bu i do know...

That the same tranny in Audis often starts shifting poorly, and regular service (not flush) solves the problem, or helps greatly.

Should be done every 50k anyway (or maybe 6 years?)

Grant

Originally Posted by Macster
Well, nothing concrete.

There's not much the average person can do with an automatic if its acting up.

Best advice I can offer is ask your favorite shop -- one that is highly experienced and qualified on Porsche Tips -- to see if the shop can hook up a Porsche diagnostics computer and interact with the Tip to see if it can spot anything that points to the cause of the symptoms.

If you want to throw some money at the symptom a Tip fluid/filter service is one way.

But word I get is sometimes even if the Tip is ok, showing no signs of trouble, but just has a lot of miles on it and is *past due* for a fluid/filter service, a fluid/filter service seems to accelerate the Tip's downward spiral. What I was told if the Tip is past due and working ok, let it alone.

But if the Tip is acting up... like I said if you want to throw some money at the symptom...

But before the fluid change I'd see if the diagnostics computer can tell me anything specific.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem 2000 Porsche Boxster S Tiptronic?