Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Boxster price help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
rg654
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10% off of build sheet (aka MSRP)? Is this like best case scenario or like middle of the road? Where should I be reading for this type of information? These forums are pretty new to me and it has been difficult to find where everyone is sharing how they are making out on cars on the lot (especially) as we move to height of season. My hubby is trying his hardest to wear me down. If it was up to him he would just pay full sticker to avoid the hassle, so it would be great if I could point him to some postings that would make him realize I am not making this stuff up and he is just plain getting played by the dealers.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Colorado Boxster
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On April 5,2013 I placed an order for a 2014 Boxster. I worked for 2 or 3 weeks with 3 Porsche dealers. In the end, 2 of them were within $150.00 of each others final offer. The 3rd dealer would not give me a quote but told me to come back with my best offer and he would beat it by $1,000. I never went back.

Nothing happens until somebody makes an offer. I decided on a number that I was willing to pay and e-mailed my salesman at my favorite dealer making that offer. That of course broke the ice. After a couple of e-mails, we had agreed on a price. He had discounted the car 8.05%. I returned to dealer number 2 who had offered 4% discount. He quickly offered a best price which was within $150.00 of dealer 1. Dealer number 3 who said come back lost out as I never returned. Nothing happens until somebody makes an offer, then things move very fast.

Quick Reply: 2013 Boxster price help!