Sponsored by:

IMS failure registration

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Deathstalker
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMS failure registration

Hello everyone. I'm a member at another forum, and it was just brought up recently that the total number of IMS failures listed with the NHTSA for 986/987 models is only 13. This is from 1998-2006. We are encouraging everyone that has had an IMS failure to register this as a complaint with the NHTSA on their website. You'll need to fill out a form on their website that requires the vin number, and the date of the occurence. If we can get enough people to complain about these faulty engines the NHTSA will launch an investigation, and make Porsche admit to the problem, as well as perform a necessary recall to fix all their defective units.

Their site is nhtsa.gov. Scroll over the vehicle safety link, and click on the recalls and defects link. Then on the right click on file a safety complaint about a vehicle. This will open a new page, and around the center of the page it will say vehicle complaint. Just under that is the link for begin online form. Click on that, and enter all your info.

Some of you may think that this is a waste of time, but if they don't know about it, then they can't help us.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:32 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I second this effort!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The actual link for the complaints form is here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

My 2 M96 engines are humming along just fine, but believe transparency is a good thing. Always! So I 2nd the effort here.

JP

Quick Reply: IMS failure registration