Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I cant sell you something unless I am happy...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
recycled sixties
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I cant sell you something unless I am happy...

Thanks for all the info re snow tires and rims fellow members. I drove 2.5 hours yesterday from Edmonton Canada to a small town near Calgary to look at used snow tires on rims(they look like 928 rims). I wanted to try the rims on one side of the car and thought that I would have to manually jack up the car. Well the seller said, drive the car into my garage, I have a hoist. He put the rims/tires on one side of the car and they fit perfectly. He even used a torque wrench to put wheel nuts on. The tires are barely used Blizzaks.

He said that he could not sell anything unless he was perfectly happy. I was totally blown away that there are honest kind people out there like this man.
The return journey was uneventful after I put one rim/tire in the front trunk, one in the back, 2 in the pass. seat plus the spare.

How good is that?! I did not have the heart to make an offer on the asking price
and just gave him the advertised price. Wish every seller was like this.
Guy
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you got a wheel and tire in the back of your Boxster?!

That trunk would only hold a donut!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM
recycled sixties
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its a rope trick...

I must confess I had to tie the rear trunk down and there was a couple of inches gap. I roped together two snow tires , rims plus the spare together on the passenger seat so they would not fall on me. Fifth gear was harder to select than usual.

Otherwise a perfect 5 hour drive. The P car never fails to impress in two months of ownership.

Guy

Quick Reply: I cant sell you something unless I am happy...