New to the Porsche world

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:53 PM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to the Porsche world

Hi all, Robert here.

Just picked up an '02 non-S Boxster last week. 43k miles and it is as clean as it can be. I'm very excited about the purchase. Just got it registered this past Friday, but didn't get much time with it as I was doing my first HPDE this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway in my DD.

The car has had the rear main seal replaced, been taken to Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte for the past few years (and I have records of all the work done since then), and just had it's 40k mile service done on the previous owner's tab It also has xeon headlights that are actually white and the wheel upgrade (I guess? I'm no expert on 2002 Porsche options), two things which add a lot to the car for me. Anyway, enough of me talking, here's the car:

My other car, which I am much more attached to for now, is a 2005 Civic Si. Probably not this place's cup of tea, but it got me through college and I have essentially learned to and continue to learn to drive properly in it. I think it's great, and I love it, so I will show it off :P

Old 07-04-2011, 12:05 PM
MelanomaMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats on the purchase Robert! I have an '02 Boxster S and love it. Have fun getting to know her.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Very nice robert, welcome to rennlist!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 PM
recycled sixties
Advanced

Congrats Robert,

It looks virtually identical to the 2001 Boxster I bought 2 months ago. Also black. I am sure u will have lots of fun with it. Two mistakes I made with it in the first week.First of all I took the rubber mats out of my sold Miata and put them in the Porsche. Would not start because I could not depress the clutch enough because of the rubber mat. Reposition mat - problem solved. Mistake 2. Added one quart of oil because it was on min. Thought I had overfilled it but mechanic said dipstick prevailed over guage so was just okay. Phew.

Will be doing a return trip from Edmonton, Canada to Dauphin Manitoba later this month - about 600 miles each way. Cant wait. Air cond. works well and love the sound of that motor. Enjoy! Let us know of your experiences with it.
Guy
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it's been a fantastic year with this car. Let me tell you though, the funny thing about your DD when you live less than 5 miles from work is that it does not accumulate miles as quickly as your weekend car! I'm already just about to 59k miles and am poking around this morning to try to find out if the typical 60k mile maintenance is truly necessary when it had so much work done rather recently. I'm going to give Hendrick a call today and see what exactly that maintenance entails, and will keep doing research. The car also needs a new top, and I can't do both of these at the same time, but will be doing one of them this month.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:00 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats great looking car, very clean.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Sky_racer
Intermediate

looking great!

Quick Reply: New to the Porsche world