Sponsored by:

Houston PPI

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
nicky_r
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston PPI

I'm going to look at a 2006 Boxster at Carmax today and was wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in Houston, TX (League City area) to get a PPI. I initially purchased a MB SLK350 but will be returning it to them today due to a PPI done at the MB dealership which shows oil leaks and bad struts. The MB dealership doesn't work on Porsche.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Fly911
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Go to Pro Technik by HWY59 and Bissonnet and ask for Sam Shalala. He is the best independent Porsche mechanic inside Houston. There are not any reputable Porsche mechanics in the League City area to my knowledge.
If you want the best Porsche mechanic in the US, you havo to go to Rennsport in Sealy, Tx and ask for Mike Callas. Maybe a bit out of your way, but well worth it!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:03 PM
nicky_r
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Fly911
Go to Pro Technik by HWY59 and Bissonnet and ask for Sam Shalala. He is the best independent Porsche mechanic inside Houston. There are not any reputable Porsche mechanics in the League City area to my knowledge.
If you want the best Porsche mechanic in the US, you havo to go to Rennsport in Sealy, Tx and ask for Mike Callas. Maybe a bit out of your way, but well worth it!
Thanks for the mechanic info. I did buy the Boxster and will keep the mechanic info in my back pocket (hopefully I won't need it). I also purchased the extended warranty. Now I just need to learn my car and I'm hoping ya'll won't get upset if I ask dumb questions.

Here is my first. This car doesn't have a spare, the dealer advised that you must use the Fix-a-flat type stuff included in the trunk then get it to a Porsche dealer for a new tire. Is it illogical for me to think that I should be able to purchase tires at Discount Tire, Firestone, etc? I'm not planning on needing tires anytime soon but want to be prepared.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:04 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Fly911
Didn't Pro Technik go out of business like 6 or 7 months ago?

-td
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
Didn't Pro Technik go out of business like 6 or 7 months ago?

-td
Yep.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:55 AM
pjq
4th Gear

Koby Motors (houston) did a PPI for me on a 2004 Boxster S, I'd use them again.

Quick Reply: Houston PPI