Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster is coming together! (spoiler motor and Bose system question)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Cary_West
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster is coming together! (spoiler motor and Bose system question)

So I've now located and purchased a replacement wheel, along with door panels for my newly purchased 2000 S model.

I am also having issues with the pop-up Spoiler. It is just making a "click" sound when you try to manually raise it - I've located a replacement assembly, but don't want to have to go through all that if it's an easy fix. Does anyone have experience troubleshooting this?

Also, the person I am buying my interior pieces has a Bose system (rear box, speakers, amp, EQ unit) from a same year car. Does this system sound noticeably better? Also, will it wire up to the existing factory radio wiring harness without any modification?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:12 PM
curt_928
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure about the spoiler.. would check the relay first and then move to the motor in the spoiler. Could just be stuck/bound on the extension apparatus.

I LOVE the Bose on my car. Has alot of midrange, I find it sounds noticeably better than the stock system. Much better base. It connects directly into the stock Becker radio. No modification needed.

Quick Reply: Boxster is coming together! (spoiler motor and Bose system question)