Sponsored by:

A/C Heater blower not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Rincontrx650
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Heater blower not working

Hi all, I am a newbie. I bought my 2001 Boxster in August 2010.

All worked well then just before storage I got caught in a deluge of rain with no tarp and 200 miles from my home storage garage...

The next morning the blower motor stopped working for both heat and ac (cold and damp ride home with paper towels).

Pulled out the Bentley manual, disapointed not detailed enough.

Pulled the car out of storge on April 9, 2011 checked the fuse (ok) checked for power at the blower plug no power pulled the fuse kick panel and here is what I found...

Tried a different relay and heard the AC clutch fan click on good news I hope this means that the ac/heat control works.

Now wondering if there is any "how to" with pics to remove the Relay block and rewire.

or if I should be looking at something else

Any help or sugestion would be appreicated.

Thanks

TC
Attached Images    
Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 AM
harryrcb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one of the things you should do is clean out your fresh air drains under you front hood. they get clogged up and when it rains lets the water under the dash, same with your rear top compartment drains.
There is not much info available for wire harness except for wiring diagrams but your best source would be to check on http://www.cannell.co.uk/Manuals.htm and download what you need. look under body interior for dismantling the dash. Good luck
Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Rincontrx650
3rd Gear

Thanks harryrcb, it is funny you should mentioned that after the rain storm last year I found a thread about those drain holes... all 4 were blocked.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers!

TC
Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rincontrx650
Thanks harryrcb, it is funny you should mentioned that after the rain storm last year I found a thread about those drain holes... all 4 were blocked.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers!

TC
During my PPI a couple weeks ago, Porsche mechanic pointed out drain holes to me and said they were clear, but to wash them out once a year or so. However, after reading manual cover to cover, I find no info on drain holes and maintenance of them. Not sure why it was omitted in Porsche's own manual for 2001 Boxster. I certainly will keep them clear just as I will keep the air ports clear under front fascia. Almost two weeks after picking up my 2001 Boxster, I'm still learning new stuff about it like parking brake has to be set before operating top, and top light will stay on if top is not locked in place up or down. I believe that on the 987 top can be operated while driving at slow speeds with I would hope light wind conditions.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Rincontrx650
3rd Gear

Yes you are right Plyman438, thank god for sites like this where we can all share and learn without being gouged at the dealership!

Cheers

TC
Old 04-14-2011, 12:14 AM
jittsl
Racer

I have just finished building a Boxster spec racer which includes removing the entire A/C heater system. If you need any replacement parts let me know. I am also certain we can come to deal. My biggest concern is getting stuff out of my garage.

Quick Reply: A/C Heater blower not working