Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accusump Installed this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Byron in MS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Accusump Installed this weekend...

It was a pretty straightforward install. The hardest part was the plumbing of the line. I DO NOT LIKE BRAIDED STEEL HOSE!!! Looks good but a bitch to work with. I noticed that some folks did a connector at the firewall but I just drilled a hole through the firewall and ran the hose through a grommet. I wired the electric switch into the rear wiring harness in the trunk and mounted the toggle switch in the trunk as well. I used the sandwich adapter and spin-on filter adapters from LN. They were really simple and seem like a good solution to me. The trade off is the much smaller filter, but I am going to buy them in bulk and change frequently. I also went with the LN oil pan extension and their magnetic drain plug. If this SOB blows up again, it won't be for lack of oil!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:09 PM
budmanv24
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm gonna half to do this to my car asap. I was having issues with white smoke on one turn this past weekend so I think I'm gonna need an accusump among other things. Did you buy the entire accusump kit from LN or just the adapters?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Byron in MS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did get the whole kit from LN. Everything you need but a bit pricey!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The smaller oil filter actually does a better job of filtering than the Mahle filter. If I remember it filters down to 20 microns as opposed to 29 microns on the Mahle filter.

Also the M1 filter is the same one used by the Corvette racing team with this big V-8's so I am not concerned about it's size !

Quick Reply: Accusump Installed this weekend...