Manual Seat Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:31 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts
Question Manual Seat Height Adjustment

This is a copy from a thread I started on the 996 forum. But it seems that nobody adjusts their seats over there so I'll try here as well

I don't post much in these parts of Rennlist, but you guys are my only hope now

I recently got a set of 996 sport seats for my 993. Installed them last night and everything went relatively smooth. Problem I'm having is that the seats are raised all the way up and won't come down. They are manual height/power backrest adjustment and are almost touching the headliner of the car.

I can only pull the adjustment lever up, but not down. I checked the system, it's strictly mechanical, no electric motor, etc. You pull the lever and the wire pumps air into the pressure tube which raises the seat. But I couldn't figure out what releases the air. I couldn't get either seat to work. What am I missing here?

I found this in the Boxster manual, but I remember clearly pulling and holding the lever, but the seat wouldn't come down. Is there a secret jump or dance I need to do to get it to retract?

Thanks for your help!

Old 09-17-2010, 02:47 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try this:
- move the seat forward a bit (using lever B)
- pull lever A
- with the lever pulled up, use your left foot and press the foot rest as hard as possible (as if you wanted to move the seat backwards). The pressure of your body on the backrest of the seat will transfer to the rear bottom cushion and voila, seat goes down!
If this does not work, the mechanism may be jammed (or you need to put on some weight )
Old 09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Thanks Arnaud, I'll give it a shot!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:50 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Update: It worked! Had to really push my weight against the seat but at the end all is well! Thank you so much!

Quick Reply: Manual Seat Height Adjustment