WTB Boxster S in So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
gmiz
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WTB Boxster S in So Cal

Hi there:

I have been in the market for some time now with no success, I am still Porscheless.

I am looking for a 01 or newer Boxster S with a 6 speed manual transmission. I am not that fussy about color, but first choice would be Black, followed by Blue, then Silver or White.

I am not going to track the car, or mod it up, just a daily top down driver here in San Diego.

Yes, I saw the 03 posted here - it sounds great, but not right for me and more $ than I want to spend.

I am looking to pay to the market and would like a car that has been loved, as I have looked at a few that clearly have not been. Based on what I have seen, I am looking to spend anywhere from $15-18K.

Please PM me if you know of a good car or are selling yours.

Thanks
Greg
Old 08-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by gmiz
Hi there:

I have been in the market for some time now with no success, I am still Porscheless.

I am looking for a 01 or newer Boxster S with a 6 speed manual transmission. I am not that fussy about color, but first choice would be Black, followed by Blue, then Silver or White.

I am not going to track the car, or mod it up, just a daily top down driver here in San Diego.

Yes, I saw the 03 posted here - it sounds great, but not right for me and more $ than I want to spend.

I am looking to pay to the market and would like a car that has been loved, as I have looked at a few that clearly have not been. Based on what I have seen, I am looking to spend anywhere from $15-18K.

Please PM me if you know of a good car or are selling yours.

Thanks
Greg
Found 54 2000 to 2003 Boxsters (base and S) within 100 miles of 92102 zip code.

Prices from $8900 to $2500 with average price of $16468. Looks like $15K gets you a silver 2001 S with 62.8K miles. I see a 2002 silver S with 58K miles for $17.5K. A 2001 silver S with 43K miles for $17.9K.

These are asking prices of course and also of course I can't speak to any car's condition. I didn't even bother to read the details or view the pics. That's your job.

Looks like there's a car in that batch that can meet your requirements.

Happy shopping!

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:22 AM
gmiz
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SoCal Boxster S

Macster;

Thanks for the info. I have looked into many (not all) of these cars. You responded to a couple of my previous posts about two of them that I almost bought.

The first one failed to impress in a PPI and the second one with a clean PPI, and a price negotiated disappeared as I tried to arrange a time to close the deal - this owner has dropped off the face of the earth and does not reply to calls or emails (Silver with red interior in Studio City) - so I have spent time and money on 2 PPI's and still no car.

One of the things I was hoping for with my post is to hear about a car from a Rennlister who may know about a car that is a well cared for car or one owned by a member.

I will check out many of the ones you reference, thanks for replying.

Quick Reply: WTB Boxster S in So Cal