Sponsored by:

Front Plate Screws

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:26 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Front Plate Screws

Does anyone know part # for 2001 Boxster front plate screws (to go through plate cover into self tapping plastic housing). I picked up a couple from my local dealer last week and they were too narrow and at least 1/2 " too long (i.e. they would reach the bumper itself). Cheers........
Old 05-09-2010, 11:51 PM
johnsjmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered these parts to put a front plate on a car I am bringing into Ontario. There are 2 plastic spacers between the bracket and bumper so your long screws might be correct. Unfortunately I can,t get at the part numbers as the parts are in the trunk aboard a transporter.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
lilredpo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need 2 spacers (#27) that extend the license plate support bracket, therefore needing the longer screws. The are left and right specific as they are curved and angled so the plate can mount vertical and straight. Based on the part no., they are not year specific, although they do show different pre and post 2002.

I can scan the rest if you need more part numbers.

Good luck.
Attached Images   
Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 AM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks - I have the spacers and the plate was on correctly before I took out some pilons at a DE a few weeks ago. I'll be near the dealer in a few days so I'll just go front plateless until then.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also swing by any hardware store and pick up some stainless screws that will fit the bill if getting to the dealership is out of the way.

I went one step further and ended up removing the mounting bracket, as it kept falling off, and mounted the plate directly to the bumper. I drilled new holes in the plate that lined up with the holes in the bumper and used 1/8" spacers to hold the plate off the bumper. The plate sits lower and flush wit the bumper now.

Quick Reply: Front Plate Screws