Sponsored by:

Need to Replace Driver's Side Mirror Glass

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 PM
bic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to Replace Driver's Side Mirror Glass

The other night I walked up to my '01 986S parked in a large garage and noticed that my driver's side mirror glass was missing and the mirror housing was pushed forward a bit. There wasn't any damage other than the mysterious missing glass so I'm just looking to replace that. There was no sign of the glass anywhere around the car so I'm thinking some d-bag decided to assault my mirror and keep the glass as a souvenir. Does anybody have experience in ordering this piece and installing it themselves? I think it's supposed to just snap right into place, right?

I think I found the part I need on PelicanParts.com but wanted to be sure this is the right part number before ordering it (996-731-035-01-OEM): http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...04),%20Each%20
Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like the correct one.

I haven't changed the glass in my Boxster but if it's like my other car it snaps in with plastic prongs on the back of the glass. The hard part is getting the old broken glass out, which you don't have to worry about.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

My passenger side view glass broke. I called the company State Farm had referred me to for a previous windshield replacement. It took them a few weeks to get the part but they installed it for free when they were in my area and the only charge was $30 for the part. I was shocked that any part for a Porsche could be purchased that cheaply.

Quick Reply: Need to Replace Driver's Side Mirror Glass