Sponsored by:

PST 2 Rear spoiler settings/spoiler problem/ disabling light

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:01 AM
mikeswift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST 2 Rear spoiler settings/spoiler problem/ disabling light

I read somewhere here that with PST2 you can change the speed at what the spoiler comes up. Is that still possible? I have an 98 boxster. Cant find that option anywhere in my PST 2. I figured how to open and close the spoiler, but nowhere option to change the speed it comes up at . I would change it to like 150 milles or something

I want to dissable it because my spoiler comes up ok but then when it goes down only half of it goes down and i have to stop and push the other half in. Not sure if I should replace the whole mechanism or tinker with this one.

Also i read of some people just unhooking some connector on the passenger side right by the feet. I have some foam covering so I cant see if that connector exist. Will that work for boxster?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I am unsure if the PST 2 can do what you want but remember 2 things, 1) The Spoiler is there for a reason, It's not just a gimmick.
2) if you just disconnect it you will have a spoiler warning light on all the time.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Zba
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^What he said
The spoiler is for downforce, and is therefore a saftey concern and furthermore can not be adjusted as to what speed it comes up at. Try spraying silicone lube on the pistons to help it go down.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:55 AM
mikeswift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figured it out

All right i figured it out. This is what worked in my case.

I took out the rear spolier and took it apart to see what was wrong. I discovered one of the drive links was broken. That's why the spoiler would go up (the link would push the piston up) but one side wouldn't go down (with the broken link there was no pulling possible). I don't think you can buy the link seperate so I am going to try to rebuild it at a local shop. If not I have to buy a used spoiler assembly for like 300$.

To fix my light problem, when i was putting the spoiler back together i disconnected the two shaft going into the pulley mechanism. So the engine works, the computer thinks its opening and closing the spoiler and no waring light about mulfunction, like what happens when you just unplug the spoiler.

You can see in attachments, one pic is my broken link. the other is left side of the mechanism. the plastic part on the right side is what you take appart and unplug the two silver pipes that are going into it. Right now I could do the whole install/re install in less than 30 min.. really simple job.

And NO MORE LIGHT!!! my car is almost perfect now. I just need a tune up since I am getting engine missfires so i guess replace oil filter/ spark plugs/ignition wires/air filter and should be good to go.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mikeswift; 02-28-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Quick Reply: PST 2 Rear spoiler settings/spoiler problem/ disabling light