Sponsored by:

Looking at getting a track car - MY2000 or thereabouts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:32 PM
rkuo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at getting a track car - MY2000 or thereabouts

Hey ... so, I'm thinking about going to the track on a regular basis, but, as I'm still relatively new to driving stick, I'd like to do it in a car I feel less risky in. However, I still feel an attachment to Porsche ... so I'm thinking Boxster!

I see a few listings on autotrader in my area for MY2000 or 2001 ... generally high miles (60k-100k), but under 10K in price. I'm staying away from older model years due to the engine and other fit and finish issues. I suspect with the right seller I could knock another 1k off the price. As far as being track worthy, what other costs would I incur to get up to speed? Roll bar, new tires, etc?

My main goals are really to do this as economically as possible. Price and not buying a lemon are the foremost consideration. I don't intend to baby the car, so if there's any other ways to shave off the price (dings, etc), I'm down for it. Am I on the right track here? I'm looking to spend around 10K for this project, but this isn't going to break the bank so I can absorb unexpected costs. Give me your thoughts.

Quick Reply: Looking at getting a track car - MY2000 or thereabouts