Persistent Tire Pressure Warnings

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 PM
nvrlft
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Persistent Tire Pressure Warnings

All,

My girlfriend has a 2008 Boxster 'S' which seemingly is always flagging her that she has a tire(s) low on pressure. Is this common with the boxster? Is the system that sensitive?

FWIW It has the stock wheels/tires.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

jt
Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by nvrlft
All,

My girlfriend has a 2008 Boxster 'S' which seemingly is always flagging her that she has a tire(s) low on pressure. Is this common with the boxster? Is the system that sensitive?

FWIW It has the stock wheels/tires.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

jt
My first comment would be to check the tire pressures, cold, with a reliable tire pressure gate. I suspect the tire pressures are low, if from nothing else temperatures where the car is have dropped some.

After tires are properly inflated at cold, then the system can be reset or a calibration performed. Sorry I can't be more specific but I had access to an 08 Cayman S with TPMS for only a few weeks in April this year and my memory of the features and how they worked, etc., is fading fast.

After I ensured the tires were properly inflated and reset/recalibrated the system -- the steps should in the owners manual -- not only did the actual tire pressures and those reported by the system agree there were never any low tire inflation warnings.

I thoroughly enjoyed having the TPMS system in the car. One of the new features the Cayman S had that I wish my older Porsches came with.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Persistent Tire Pressure Warnings