Sponsored by:

3.4 motor for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:16 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 3.4 motor for sale

*** $4,650*** as it sits, $5,000 with new lifter installed. Possible to also install ceramic IMS bearing as well.

Hello,
I've never posted on the Boxster board before, but someone suggested that I cross post this from the 996 board. Just cut and pasted here.
Thanks,
Joe

"It looks like I've sold my '99 996 and will no longer want to keep a spare early engine around and am offering mine with 55k for sale. The description I've written of how I came to have it is copied below. Pat Moyle is a long-time Porsche mechanic and PCA member in Denver. I would be willing to have the engine inspected at a local shop at a potential buyers expense plus $100 to help cover my mileage/time to load and haul it around. The $100 would be credited towards purchase.

I have a standing offer of $6,000 plus actual shipping from a friend of a friend. I suspect this may be about the market value, but since it's hard to place a value on it and I hate to leave money on the table, I'll say this ad has an "asking price" of $8,500 Please feel free to make comments on your opinion of value above $6,000 or make an offer.

Thanks,

Joe

"I bought the motor from a local guy who had it advertised on CL. He had bought a ’99 cab as a non-runner. The previous owner had been told the engine (the one I have now) was no good and needed replacement. He bought a new engine, had it installed and had the exact same issues. Sold the car as a non runner (to the guy I bought the motor from) for something like $12k and included the original motor. The new owner spent a bunch of money at a shop for diagnosis and repair. It turned out to be something like a crank position sensor and something else. His car runs great now and he decided to sell the original motor. Apparently he had about 6 responses to his CL ad in just a few hours. I got there first! He told me it had 55k miles on it. Pat Moyle came with me to look at it. Obviously, we couldn’t run it, but we turned it over manually and Pat thought it was fine and neither of us felt any reason to doubt the veracity of the story."

Last edited by JR944; 02-06-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: new price
Old 02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Bump

Still available.

Quick Reply: 3.4 motor for sale