Sponsored by:

Gremlins.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:21 AM
First986NJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gremlins.....

A while ago my key fobs stopped working to lock/unlock the doors and open the boot lids. Not wanting to spend a ton of money for that minor convenience, I have just been locking and unlocking the car with the key like any other Joe has to do with his car. However, some strange things seem to happen because of this. The car is a MY03 base. I wonder if some of you could enlighten me what, if anything, I need to do differently to avoid the following:

1) The fuel door occasionally stays locked. I have to get out of the car, close the driver's door, lock and then unlock the doors with the key, then the fuel door will open. Doesn't happen all the time, just once in a while for some reason. Kind of embarrassing at a gas station.

2) When I park and lock the doors from the outside with the key, then go away for a time (like to work), and come back later and unlock the drivers door, two things seem to happen: 1) the alarm will go off within seconds if I do not immediately get in, put the key in the ignition, and turn it at least one position, and 2) I can not seem to unlock the passenger's door from the switch on the dash...it is lit red and stays red no matter how firmly I push it. I have to reach over and open the passenger door from inside, then the red light on the lock/unlock switch goes out and it returns to normal operation.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you remove the key from the ignition, do the dash lights turn off? Do you hear an audible click and feel the tumblers shut when you remove the key from ignition?
Old 07-09-2009, 02:55 PM
First986NJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe so, but I will confirm this evening and re-post the result here tomorrow...

Edit......Yes, absolutely.

Last edited by First986NJ; 07-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Gremlins.....