Sponsored by:

windscreen disconnects on highway

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 PM
dallison28
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default windscreen disconnects on highway

i'm driving down the highway and all of a sudden the wind sounds different. I look back at the windscreen and the passenger side is disconnected and i have to hold onto it so it doesn't fly off.

It seems the connection is loose on the passenger side and fine on the driver side.

Can i replace the piece that is attached to the rollbar or do i need to replace the windscreen?

It does not look like the padding on the rollbar comes off..........
Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 408 Posts

Are you talking about the clear plexiglass windstop in between rollbars, or the mesh screen inside the rollbar hoops? If it's the mesh screen, just insert a couple of small black zipties to hold the screens onto the rollbars. If it is the clear plexiglass you are talking about, you can buy replacement clips to hold the windstop in place.

Originally Posted by dallison28
i'm driving down the highway and all of a sudden the wind sounds different. I look back at the windscreen and the passenger side is disconnected and i have to hold onto it so it doesn't fly off.

It seems the connection is loose on the passenger side and fine on the driver side.

Can i replace the piece that is attached to the rollbar or do i need to replace the windscreen?

It does not look like the padding on the rollbar comes off..........
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
dallison28
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's the plexiglass, it didn't look like you could get the old clips out. It looks like you need to remove the black padding on the rollbar.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:15 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Mine's broke too, I'm just procrastinating fixing it. If the clip on the rollbar is bad, it's about a $5 part and attached with a rivet that you should be able to drill out once you remove the plastic cover off the rollbar.

Honestly, I've found I don't really notice the difference with it on or off, so I just leave it off.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 PM
spyder803
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same experience but on mine it was the piece on the windscreen. 4$ later and I had replacements which just pry off the windscreen and snap into place. Are you sure its the part on the rollbars that needs changing?

Quick Reply: windscreen disconnects on highway