Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear plastic window replacement Boston area???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
stumpjumper
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Well I'll give it a try....can't hurt.
see if you can find Novus 1-2-3 and use step the middle step and last step, it'll clean up very well... but unfortunately if you ever use the most abrasive it develops swirls that show up in sunlight... so if the sun is behind you it's tough to see through (I did this unfortunately) the middle and last step work great though

or go to a marine store and buy plastics cleaner, it doesn't have the polishing steps that Novus has but is essentially the same as the last step

you can also find stuff called Plexus which is similar to the last step of Novus
Old 04-24-2009, 10:16 AM
lilredpo
Pro

I've used both the Meguiar's plastic cleaner and polish (no 17 and no. 10) on boat and car windows with success. Keeps them in nice shape.

Although, applied only only by hand.

I've read posts that recommend to use a machine or even wetsand. Has anyone tried a polisher?

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars1017.html
Old 04-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Silver Box
Advanced

If it is just opaque and not torn or cracked, I would definitely give the plastic polish a try first. I had really good sucess with Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional 17 Clear Plastic Cleaner. Take your time, concentrate on a small area, don't apply too much pressure - let the cleaner do the work, repeat 2-3 times if it's still cloudy but you're starting to see results and do both inside and outside.

Quick Reply: Rear plastic window replacement Boston area???