Sponsored by:

Low beams

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
hobbstc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low beams

Hey everyone, loving the new Boxtser S. I make excuses to put the top down. Anyway, I don't have lowbeams. I haven't taken it apart to see why, but is it possible they both burnt out at the same time?
Old 03-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts
Default It is possible. The several times I've had one headlight or taillight...

Originally Posted by hobbstc
Hey everyone, loving the new Boxtser S. I make excuses to put the top down. Anyway, I don't have lowbeams. I haven't taken it apart to see why, but is it possible they both burnt out at the same time?
bulb go out on one side shortly thereafter the other side would go out. Now when one goes out I buy two and replace both.

You won't know for sure until you remove headlight assembly and check bulbs and replace with new. Be sure to avoid touching bulbs with your hands/fingers. Use powder free rubber gloves or a couple of sandwich baggies to protect the bulbs from the oils of your fingers.

Take care to get the headlight assemblies back in the car correctly, securely.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
hobbstc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out the bulbs weren't completely shot, just so dim that they didn't light up the road. Got some Silverstars for it and it's good to go. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Low beams