Sponsored by:

Boxster Brake Caliper information

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
986Jim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boxster Brake Caliper information

Hey guys. I used to have a 99 Boxster but sold it a year ago for a 350z. One thing I miss about my Boxster is the solid brakes.

My 350z has a 13.1" Brake upgrade on the front but uses the stock caliper so the results are good but not as good as they should be. I was thinking about buying a set of Boxster calipers, fabbing up a bracket and using those instead of my OEM calipers.

Here is the info I can't seem to find anymore (i used to be able to find anything on these cars, now I can't find anything!)....

My car has 332 x 24mm (13.1" x 0.9") front Rotor. I'm looking for a Porsche caliper that will work well with this size. The Boxster S calipers allow for a rotor gap of up to 31mm which seems to be a lot more than my rotor is, but I don't think they have 13" rotor on them. Some other info says only upto a 320mm rotor.

What I'm looking for are the specs on the brakes for the base and boxster s rotors so I can get a caliper from a car that runs a nearly identical sized rotor as what my car is.. Anybody have any info?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:52 AM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it's probably cheaper just to go for a baer or stoptech kit.

doesn't that 350z have the fat brembo calipers up front? my g35 coupe sport (brembo package) has fantastic brakes; almost as good as the boxster.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
986Jim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i can buy the brembos that are OEM but I just wanna fab the porsche calipers. I think most Porsche guys don't really do many mods so my post is probablly not going to receive many replies. I put a hybrid brake setup on my talon with some brembos off an Evo and a VW caliper with a fabed bracket so I have done this before and it works good.

I have already found the info I need and am workin on it now... so no biggie.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:56 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think the issue putting boxster calipers on a 350z will be the weight differential and the weight balance differential. the piston sizes may be way off & you may wind up needing a custom proportioning valve. in addition, there are the abs, skid & traction control issues to contend with. there is more to this than just getting the calipers & rotors fitted properly.

Quick Reply: Boxster Brake Caliper information