Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
FilthyF14
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

If you can afford to buy a Mazda 3, or at least make payments, put that money in the bank in the "Boxster engine replacement fund". If you need a new motor, buy it and drive the car another 200k miles; if you don't need major repairs you've got money saved for your next car.

That said, I drive of 02 S mostly on nice days and drive my 95 Honda Civic beater (with 210K miles on the odo) on my eight mile commute on city streets at 45 mph because I happen to have it from when my kids moved to trucks. Just can't justify even getting the Boxster dirty for a ho-hum drive like that. Plus the Civic runs like fine, doesn't use a drop of oil, still on the original clutch, tires cost $45 and it gets 33mpg on regular gas.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must have dozed a bit.. Why wouldn't you want to keep using the boxster? Once you spend the money to replace worn out items (clutch, shocks, brakes, wheelbearings, bushings etc etc) you have a "new" car again. I'd rather have a "new" boxster than a "new" other car that I'd have to make payments on.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
lolayay
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After hearing so many good things about Honda's reliability, I made a jump today to buy a civic. I am still not used to haggle with the salesperson. Why couldn't they give me their best price at the first place. The negotiation was almost like a ceremony that they can't live without.

Now I can change the camber of the Boxster S to as negative as possible And here I am, the Pagid yellow pads!

Thank you guys/gals for the inputs!

Last edited by lolayay; 02-24-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Boxster as a daily driver