Sponsored by:

Oil analysis and filter inspection 01 S

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you Macster for your insights.
I have been driving the car and in about a week I will pull out the oil filter again to see if I get new debris. Hopefully most of them are gone and I won't see that during my next oil change.
In 10k I need to change the spark plugs so I will remove all the spark plug tubes this time to ensure that all the rings are there and in good condition. I am also planning on changing the AOS I already have the part on hand.
If I get any new info I will post an update. Hopefully it is just a false alarm.

Thank you for your help !!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts
Default You're welcome. Debris in oil can be kind of scary no doubt about...

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
Thank you Macster for your insights.
I have been driving the car and in about a week I will pull out the oil filter again to see if I get new debris. Hopefully most of them are gone and I won't see that during my next oil change.
In 10k I need to change the spark plugs so I will remove all the spark plug tubes this time to ensure that all the rings are there and in good condition. I am also planning on changing the AOS I already have the part on hand.
If I get any new info I will post an update. Hopefully it is just a false alarm.

Thank you for your help !!!!!
it. If you've been driving car for a week unlikely debris sign of anything other than just debris. If sign of something serious I think it would have happened by now.

No promises of course, but drive it and pull the filter in a week. If you can post what you find, pictures too.

Until then, just to be safe, if you hear something sounding amiss shut off engine first then worry about what it is.

Not sure what this buys you. If car out of warranty any repair comes out of your pocket and were it my car I'd rather engine was clearly not fixable and know I had to replace it rather than being faced with decision to spend who knows how much money to have dealer investigate only to be told I needed a new engine.

And if dealer said engine could be fixed... I'd be leery of spending too much money on the engine. Sink half a boatload of money in the engine only to have something else in it not related fail would be adding insult to injury.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Oil analysis and filter inspection 01 S