Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running iA Supercharger in their 986?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 236 Posts
Default Anyone running iA Supercharger in their 986?

I'm curious if any Rennlisters have installed the ImagineAuto 2.5 supercharger.
There are good write ups in Excellence and European Car which have generally positive things to say about the kit.

I'm looking a little longer term with my Boxster and may want to eventually add some power. I actually had a leak down test done this week (recommended by Stephen Kaspar at iA) and it was only about 2%.

So,...anyone have good or bad comments?
TIA
Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 PM
powderhound
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I helped my local porsche mechanic install that system on my '01 s back in sept. It took use quite a while to get it in, we would be able to do it much quicker now. I was only able to get about a tank full of miles in it before the snow came. i was a litttle spoiled because while we were working on it he let me take out a 996 turbo for a test ride after i reset the CEL with my Drametrec software. It's not as fast as a 3.6 turbo but it definatly is quick, the response on throtle tip in is the most impresive and you have to be more carefull about how much throtle you give it coming out of sharp first gear corners. This is at 6200', I am looking forward to spring and the chance to drive it at lower elevations.

if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Eric
Old 01-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by powderhound
I helped my local porsche mechanic install that system on my '01 s back in sept. It took use quite a while to get it in, we would be able to do it much quicker now. I was only able to get about a tank full of miles in it before the snow came. i was a litttle spoiled because while we were working on it he let me take out a 996 turbo for a test ride after i reset the CEL with my Drametrec software. It's not as fast as a 3.6 turbo but it definatly is quick, the response on throtle tip in is the most impresive and you have to be more carefull about how much throtle you give it coming out of sharp first gear corners. This is at 6200', I am looking forward to spring and the chance to drive it at lower elevations.

if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Eric
Thanks Eric. I'll definitely get in touch when the thaw comes to see how you're liking it.
I'll assume that everything worked OK since you got through a tank of gas!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:15 PM
powderhound
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far so good, I'll pull the engine cover and check ALL the hose clamps and connections in the spring before i take it out again. I'm looking forward to putting some road trip mile on her.

Eric

Quick Reply: Anyone running iA Supercharger in their 986?