Sponsored by:

Wheel Spacers ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by R2R
I was referring to the uneven roads of North Texas! If your roads are smooth and without sudden drops or rise of grade, the lowered setup should be fine. There are several sudden drops and rise in road grade that puts my car on edge and ends in fender rub.
Post some pictures of your 997 rear end!
Old thread when I got home last year with the 997 C4S ... seems like a very long time ago. Still love the car. Best 911 made.

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/img_1310_edited.jpg
Old 08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
R2R
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that's one nice rear! To bad you had to go on a diet.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by R2R
Now that's one nice rear! To bad you had to go on a diet.
Well, I'm not really on a diet. Here's a peek into the garage and another of "it's brother".

Old 08-30-2008, 10:15 AM
R2R
Racer

Nice garage!

Now this brings up a whole new topic. How would you compare the 993 C4S to the 997 C4S? Both great cars I'm sure...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by R2R
Nice garage!

Now this brings up a whole new topic. How would you compare the 993 C4S to the 997 C4S? Both great cars I'm sure...
I've posted on this topic before, but there is an 11 year difference between the cars .... so you can understand the 'up grades' that have evolved. Plus, one is air cooled ... the other liquid cooled.

The 997 is the best P-car I've owned ... and I've had 911 all the way back into the late 60s'. But, purists would say that the new 997 is full of gadgets, electronic controls and comfort features. This is true and I appreciate the creature comforts ... plus, the 997 is just a beautiful car, powerful and all around terrific to drive. It's my daily driver.

The 993 is my favorite looking P-car of all time. The shape of the car is just fantastic. The doors close with a 'clunk' like closing a tank hatch. And, altho it is not as powerful as the 997 it is a lot of fun to drive. It's a bit smaller in size/weight and seems more tossable especially lowered and upgraded with new suspension bits. The sound is much nicer (to me) than the PSE that the 997 has. And, I remember when it came out that there was a lot of criticism regarding the electronics and creature comforts then ... but, they seem trivial compared to what we now experience.

Both are wonderful cars ... and I enjoy the new addition, the '05 Boxster S, too. Dropping the top adds to the fun.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:31 PM
R2R
Racer

Thanks for revisiting the topic. As I was writing, I even thought I may have asked in the past, but I was a little cloudy in the head! From everything I've read, you couldn't go wrong with any of them, and to have several to pick from only make life better! I loved having to decide which car to drive when I had the two. Ended up sticking with the 986S for those creature comforts and the fun of dropping the top. Maybe down the road I'll dive back into an older 993. Thanks again, and have a fabulous Labor Day weekend.

Send pictures of the Boxster with the spacers after you get them on.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers ??