Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost to respray front end of car ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Turboflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best to just touch up the chips. Pay the guy who buys your car for the repaint. Could hurt resale. Some prospective buyers just wont believe it was just for chips. Up to you of course.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:00 PM
VTCMart
Instructor

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
I'm not sure I am prepared to pay $2000+ to respray 1/3 of my car. Heck, it's black not some weird silver metallic, eh.

I may run over to Maaco and have them give me a quote. It may not be the best paint job on the planet, but if it's 1000 buck$ or less .... that's kewl. Plus, who knows.

Anyone have any good/bad experiences with Maaco? I'd be interested in reading.
Stay away from Maaco. I had them spray a $1200 Honda for me years ago and it looked alright for a while but was crap after 2 years of wear. They do pretty much zero prep work. They did not even bother to remove the front license plate bracket before they painted, but hey it was about $350 for the whole car and it was a 15 year old Honda.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VTCMart
Stay away from Maaco. I had them spray a $1200 Honda for me years ago and it looked alright for a while but was crap after 2 years of wear. They do pretty much zero prep work. They did not even bother to remove the front license plate bracket before they painted, but hey it was about $350 for the whole car and it was a 15 year old Honda.

I was just sorta half kidding ... Maaco is not what I'd like to have on my B-car.

I've pretty much decided to just drive it with the chips and sand blasted front end. Heck, it's a few years old ... and in 3 years (or less), I'll just get me a new one !

Let the next dude/dealer deal with it. It does look OK frm a distance.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboflyer
Best to just touch up the chips. Pay the guy who buys your car for the repaint. Could hurt resale. Some prospective buyers just wont believe it was just for chips. Up to you of course.

Bingo. These cars get sandblasted. The repaints are for way down the road IMO.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
VTCMart
Instructor

Originally Posted by Baggerdude

I was just sorta half kidding ... Maaco is not what I'd like to have on my B-car.

I've pretty much decided to just drive it with the chips and sand blasted front end. Heck, it's a few years old ... and in 3 years (or less), I'll just get me a new one !

Let the next dude/dealer deal with it. It does look OK frm a distance.
I've got plenty of "badges of honor" on my front end as well, but most are not noticeable until up close. Plus, I know if I ever did get it resprayed, the first turn out of the paint shop a nice big rock will be drawn to the fresh paint like a heatseeking missile

Quick Reply: Cost to respray front end of car ??