Sponsored by:

Another Boxster parts sale!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:50 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
I also have the pieces that go on the center tunnel, towards the front of the car near the floor. I have those in my garage and could take pictures of those if interested.
Yes I'm interested. What I think your referring to is standard,but you never know. Could you email the pictures?

gl-g100rcd@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Yes I'm interested. What I think your referring to is standard,but you never know. Could you email the pictures?

gl-g100rcd@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
Pic sent. I've also got full leather door panels if anyone is interested.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:01 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

Pic sent. I've also got full leather door panels if anyone is interested.
FYI

The door panels on your 986 are standard,there is a FULL LEATHER option....but you have the standard ones.

I'm just curious,did you find out why your Boxster was overheating at the track? Dirty radiators? Failing oil cooler? Blown coolant tank?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

FYI

The door panels on your 986 are standard,there is a FULL LEATHER option....but you have the standard ones.

I'm just curious,did you find out why your Boxster was overheating at the track? Dirty radiators? Failing oil cooler? Blown coolant tank?
They are FULL leather. The stiched seam is the give away that they are full leather. Vinyl does not have the seam. I've had the door panels in my hands and can assure you they are leather.

So far I know the radiators were filthy and they are being cleaned out this week. Other parts of the system seem to be OK, but a little more trouble shooting to do. I also suspect that the tight mesh covers that were over the openings in the bumper do not let enough air in for track work. I'll have it out again this weekend in 92 degree weather to try again.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:03 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Here is a picture showing the seam. All cars have a seam on the airbag but the full leather has an additional seam above that running from the door handle to the edge of the door.
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Here is a picture showing the seam. All cars have a seam on the airbag but the full leather has an additional seam above that running from the door handle to the edge of the door.
Interesting. I'll have to compare mine tonight to them and see how much money is left in the bank account. Thanks for the info.

Update; I see the difference between your doors and the standard ones now.

Last edited by blinkwatt; 05-22-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

How much for the door interior panels?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:45 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

How much for the door interior panels?
The best price on Ebay is showing $200 plus $35 shipping per door for vinyl. I could not find a leather example.

How does $425 shipped for the pair sound? Cheaper than Ebay and leather instead of vinyl! Pictures available on Monday if you are interested.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:15 AM
moosport
Intermediate

The car has the upgraded silver door sills. They are currently still in place. Provided I can remove them without damaging them I'd be happy to part with them.

Has anyone tried to remove them? I'm sure they are just glued on, not sure if you can pry them off without bending the metal.

The car also has a full leather interior if anyone want to upgrade their door panels or other dash pieces (lower section of the dash only, I need the rest).
i believe they are held on by double sided tapes.. if you get it off, how much do you want for it?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:07 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by moosport
i believe they are held on by double sided tapes.. if you get it off, how much do you want for it?
They are now off the car, it was very easy as the 10 year old adhesive had nothing left. How does $25 including shipping sound?
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2008, 02:11 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

The best price on Ebay is showing $200 plus $35 shipping per door for vinyl. I could not find a leather example.

How does $425 shipped for the pair sound? Cheaper than Ebay and leather instead of vinyl! Pictures available on Monday if you are interested.
Here are the panels. I could not identify the proper hardware that holds the door pull on so you would have to reuse the one you have. Same for the little plastic piece near the door opener. As a result I'll only ask $400 for the pair.
Attached Images   
Old 05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
cheetahonline
1st Gear

I need black interior carpet. How much shipped to 46307 if it is available?

Thanks,
Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

The carpet was grey. I think the only pieces I still have is the insulated piece that goes over the engine and a couple of carpeted trim pieces.

I have a few black carpet mats, namely the floor mats and the mat for the trunk. I'll probably keep the floor mats since my wife has a 911 that they fit and they are in pretty good condition. I can part with the trunk mats. Do you need them?

Quick Reply: Another Boxster parts sale!!