Sponsored by:

Just ordered the cop holders and aux input cable

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered the cop holders and aux input cable

Well, I just ordered some oem retracting cup holders, lower storage shelfs, extra cig lighter/accessory power port, and the aux audio input cable for my cdr220.

Hopefully I will get all the parts in around first of next week and will then relocate my climate control to the bottom of the console and install the cup holders at the top and then install the new cig lighter in the left side of the radio so i have two power ports for fuzz buster and ipod.

Any words of wisdome? I found some how to's out here, most were incomplete but I got the general idea.

Will see how it goes.... It's for a 2000 boxster 5 speed

Tom
Old 03-26-2008, 06:40 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

How does the aux audio input work with the CDR220?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the idea of cop holders
Old 03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

COP holders. Holy crap, I do not want those attached to my car!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

Damn, I was hoping to be the first one in here with the "Cop Holder" reference. Anyway- I am interested in how the Aux Audio Input works as well with the CDR-220. Also, I didn't know we could order cup holders. How much and where do they go?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:10 AM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

goto becker's website for the audio cable.
Auxiliary / Telephone Porsche CR/CDR 220 BNA - 1319 - 116
http://www.beckerautosound.com/parts...rt_number.html
it's under 30 bucks with shipping.

You could make your own cable with an old stereo jack and splice it into the back yourself but the above kit made it super simple. The kit also has the instructions for enabling the Aux input.(hod the TP button for 8 sec and then use tuner *** to scroll to the aux input yes/no selection)

Pretty darn simple and now my mp3's and Sirius sound crystal clear vs using those junk fm transmitters. I ran the cable out the back of the console and along the edge so I can tuck it under the floormat when not in use. When the cup holders are installed, i can pop my ipod in one of them.

Didn't think I was buying cup holders for beverages did you ? hahahaha (for my beers maybe)

I got the cup holders from suncoast porsche for a lot less then my local dealer.(i mean stealership) Cup holder cost was 75 bucks or 72, something like that. My local stealership wanted 95ish(which they said was discounted, HAAH)

BTW's there is a plug in the center console that is used for the phone hookup power, it's switched and is a good source of power for your ipod or whatever. I plan to use that to power a second sig lighter in the left side of the dash.

Tom

Quick Reply: Just ordered the cop holders and aux input cable