Sponsored by:

KSpot Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Achillies
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KSpot Coilovers

Anyone have experience w/KSport coilovers? I was looking at them for a 996. THanks
Old 03-05-2008, 02:04 PM
gwhand
AutoX

I ksports on my 99 Boxster. They were installed 8 months ago.

In the beginning I had lots of trouble making the ride quality livable. After some adjustments of the dampening I am 80% happy with them. The rear of the car would hop into the air if I hit a dip in the interstate. I adjusted the dampening this weekend and the car seems fixed, I will know tonight when I drive my 120 mile interstate trip.

There are others who have ksports and have not had the problems I have had with the setup. I am running 19inch wheels with 30 series tires on my car and that may may a difference.

Ksports customer service has been very good. They have always answered my email in a short time frame.

After my trip tonight I will adjust my happiness level up if the adjustments have reduced the rear wheel hopping.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
gwhand
AutoX

I adjusted the dampening and the car has improved dramatically.
After this adjustment I am happy with the Ksport.
You have my blessing to buy them.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
niebyl2002
6th Gear

I also have Ksport on my Boxster '99. If you don't mind what is your setup? How many clicks/turns on front and how many on the rear?

Did you ever had a feeling that the car move sideways, more like driving on ice? It's really hard to describe, f.e. when I drive on uneven road my steering wheel pull either to left or right. When I drive slowly the steering is pretty tight. I changed front control arms. Tie rods looks ok. Is it the setup, or could it be my suspension?

I did the alignment twice. In both cases driving was ok for less than a week and then I felt like something is loose. I got almost 100K miles on the car.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 09:26 PM
gwhand
AutoX

Originally Posted by niebyl2002
I also have Ksport on my Boxster '99. If you don't mind what is your setup? How many clicks/turns on front and how many on the rear?

as of today i amd running 3/4 of a turn on the front and 3 turns and 2 clicks on the rear.

there are a few guys that run all the way soft front and rear, when i tried all soft i had my problems.

Did you ever had a feeling that the car move sideways, more like driving on ice? It's really hard to describe, f.e. when I drive on uneven road my steering wheel pull either to left or right. When I drive slowly the steering is pretty tight. I changed front control arms. Tie rods looks ok. Is it the setup, or could it be my suspension?

i do know what you are talking about, when i replaced my rear toe arms with adjustable ones i was ble to go oem on the toe and the car handles much better.

I did the alignment twice. In both cases driving was ok for less than a week and then I felt like something is loose. I got almost 100K miles on the car.

Thanks
i answered in your quote. sorrt for doingit that way but i am responding from my phone
Old 03-14-2008, 11:07 PM
niebyl2002
6th Gear

I finally manage to put the ***** on the shocks and I find out I had the stiffest setup. I turn it all the way soft to find out the difference. It is much better now.

Thanks for help.

Quick Reply: KSpot Coilovers