Sponsored by:

Replacement of plastic window?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Thank you so MUCH Maurice.
Will look at it. (I want to remove my roof !)
Old 01-05-2016, 12:37 AM
1schoir
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to help. I don't think you'll have any trouble removing the top.

If you run into any roadblocks, let me know and I'll see if I can steer you in the right direction.

Regards, Maurice.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:52 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Hello Maurice,
I think I do not see these, ..because it is on the back of this 1/4 "cylinder of carpet". Is my assumption correct ?

Name:  left%20side%20looking%20back.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  200.1 KB

Could you give any hint about how to remove it ?
Sorry to be so "demanding", thanks a lot in advance !
Old 01-12-2016, 01:54 AM
1schoir
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the explanation on how to remove that panel, set out earlier in this thread at Post #12:

"Now, from the inside of the passenger compartment (behind the outboard side of the driver's seat), remove the semi-circular carpet-covered plastic trim panel from around the base of the roll bar. This trim panel is attached with an 8mm bolt at the top (just loosen it, you don't have to remove it completely) and there is a phillips screw near the bottom that is well hidden in the carpet covering. The screw is about 6 or 8 inches from the floor and just forward of the firewall. Remove the panel. This will remove the defroster hook up, and you will see the B-pillar microswitch, which must be disconnected from its connector near the floor. There is also a zip-tie that will have to be cut, as the zip-tie holds the wire to the roll-bar".

In this photo I have drawn arrows to show the approximate location of the 8mm bolt and of the phillips screw. The location of the bolt is indicated by the red arrow and the location of the phillips screw is indicated by the green arrow. Note that the bolt is holding the non-carpeted upper part of that cover and that the phillips screw is somewhat buried in the pile of the carpet.

Regards, Maurice.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Replacement of plastic window?