Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:57 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Saturday morning can't get here fast enough - it's been a long week, and I'm ready for some Porsche time at the Wake Zone. Look forward to seeing you there!
Bob
Old 10-20-2008, 04:19 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hi, everyone - I had hoped to post pictures, but they mysteriously disappeared from my camera (just after my wife took pictures of the kids).

We had a great turnout on Saturday morning - Dell (996 cab), Michael ('88 Carrera), Charles (996 coupe), Bruce (Cayman S), Manil (C4S), Helmut (Golf GTI), and me (996).

We had a great conversation, solved the world's problems, and then took a drive on our usual route. The weather was a bit overcast, but the drive did not disappoint us. Michael led, with me, Bruce, Manil and Helmut following.

On a separate note, my pyrotech helmet arrived this morning. Can't wait to try it on!

Have a great week, everyone. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Bob
Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Great to see everyone yesterday! I had a chance to enjoy some coffee with Charles (996), John (Boxster) and Rich (Targa) before heading over to Brier Creek. We talked mostly about the DE that's coming up at VIR in a couple weeks.

Around 9am, we headed over to Brier Creek for the monthly Italians gathering at the Hurricane PCA Koffee Klatch - which is always so much more than Porsches and Italians. Here's the link to the photos I took:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

It was terrific to meet Ralph and his 993 cab - what a beautiful car. Ralph, I have had a model of your car on my shelf for years - it's nice to see one in real life. We'd love to see you at the Wake Zone anytime - you're always welcome.

It was also great to see Jeff Schiff and his immaculate 996 at Brier Creek.

Dell, we knew you were at CMP and wished you the best of luck as you experienced the new set-up for your RS.

Michael, I'm sure you were working, as you had indicated you might be last week. Hope it wasn't too tough.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and have a terrific week.

Bob
Old 11-10-2008, 12:04 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Another great morning with our Cary/Apex (and Raleigh and Pittsboro) crew. It was a better turnout than anyone anticipated, given the lousy weather in the morning. Strangely, by the time we left (10am-ish), the sun was shining.

Thank you, everyone for a great start to the weekend! Here's who was there: Ken (928), Dell (Mercedes E-Class), Charles (Lexus), Randy (Ford F Series Pick-up), Bruce (Cayman S), Jeff (996), Michael ('88 911 Carrera), and Scott (C4S).

After we left the Wake Zone (outstanding coffees and service, by the way), Scott and I were very fortunate to get Dell's help with oil filter changes. Bruce also attended to see the "belly of the beasts" on Dell's lift. A big thanks to Dell for being our group's Porsche professor - he generously opens his home and makes time for us when we need assistance.

Lastly, we had the opportunity to see Dell's RSA - these are probably the only photos we'll see of it standing still for the forseeable future.

If you haven't attended one of our gatherings, I encourage you do so. You would be hard pressed to meet a friendlier, more relaxed group of people. The group is always up for a drive in the country after we're loaded with espresso. All makes and models of Porsche (and now, Mercedes, Lexus and Ford) are always welcome!

Have a great week.
Bob
Old 12-22-2008, 10:51 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Belated thanks for a great Saturday morning this past weekend. We had a great turnout - lots of great conversation and coffee.

Dell (996 Cab)
Scott (C4S)
George (996 Cab)
Ken (928)
Helmut (Cayman S - Yellow)
Michael (911)
Rich (911 Cab)
Kevin? (Cayman S - Silver) *If I'm wrong again, I apologize.
Manil (C4S)
Dave (997)
Charles (996)
Bruce (Cayman S - Red)
John (Boxster - Red)
and yours truly (996 Aero)

Here's a link to the photos:

After leaving the Wake Zone, we followed Helmut on a new route through the countryside between Apex and Holly Springs. It was great, even though the weather was a little overcast.

If you're in town next weekend, a few of us will be meeting at the Wake Zone as usual.

In the meantime, everyone have a fantastic holiday with your loved ones and family. See you soon!

Bob
Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hi, everyone,

The name of the silver Cayman S owner in our group is Ken (not Kevin). My apologies - Ken knows that I'm terrible with names.

Ken, I enjoyed talking to you last Saturday and hope that you'll visit every Saturday.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone.

Bob
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

FYI - The weather on Saturday is expected to be mostly clear and sunny wiih temp. in the 50s. Sounds like a great day for some coffee and a drive.

Here's a link to photos from our last gathering and our New Year's Day drive:

The people in our group are some great, friendly Porsche enthusiasts with a wide range of experience (PCA instructor, DIY, concours, autocross, DE, front-engine, rear-engine, air and water cooled).

If you're in the area, I hope you'll join us for a drive next Saturday.

Bob

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex, NC Coffee and Bagels