Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flooded interior now car doesnt start help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
mikmot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flooded interior now car doesnt start help!

('97 boxster 2.5 <70k mi)
so my convertible drains clogged up and flooded the driver side floor.

-i removed the interior carpet so it could dry - cleaned out the drains and vacuumed out the water.

-then i tried to start the car and of course it wouldnt start. the alarm module under the drivers side seat had been completely submerged underwater.

-i tried plugging in another module from a '97 and tried scanning the car, but all the modules say that they cannot communicate.

-i have dash lights so im pretty sure the ignition switch is good so i know that the key is in the on position. i had replaced it less than 6 months ago.

-checked all the fuses in the fuse panel next to the dead pedal.

-checked the big 40 amp fuse in the trunk (not sure what thats for.. maybe for fans or a/c compressor)

-im positive that the battery is good. i had a charger on it just in case while i was checking out the car.

so my question is.. anything im missing? any fuses i didnt check? some kind of immobilizer system that locks up the modules? some kind of coding that im supposed to do to the module before installing it?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

File an insurance claim and let the dealer figure it out.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM
mikmot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the suggestion, but id like to stay away from filing anything with my insurance.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
GMS
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the alarm module is flooded, it also shorts out the door lock actuators, front and rear hood release actuators and fuel flap actuator.

You can only swap the alarm module (from another car) with the DME and keys.

I would contact your insurance company. The interior needs stripping out and drying, doors stripped out for new actuators, hood and fuel flap releases replaced, alarm module replaced and the system programmed. Repair cost will be high.

Quick Reply: Flooded interior now car doesnt start help!