Sponsored by:

DSP removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
kentubman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSP removal

My 2000 Boxster came with the usual CDR 220 radio, but with a DSP panel below it. I would like to remove the DSP panel. Just unplugging the wires does not work - no sound comes out of the radio. I have also looked at the amp in the front trunk, but unplugging wires from there leads to the same result - no sound. Any ideas?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Points Mean Prizes
3rd Gear

This is my first post and I am in a similar position. I have the DSP and wish to remove the DSP & the existing head unit as well as move the climate controls to the lower console so that I can fit a double din head unit in the upper console.

Has no one got any pointers on this subject?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The same question was discussed here. http://www.986forum.com/forums/showt...hlight=control
Old 09-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Points Mean Prizes
3rd Gear

Thanks tool pants, i hadn't been on that website before. The post didn't give much actual info on the system though i guess not many know much as it is such a rare option (at least it is in the UK).

I think it looks like my best bet is to remove the whole system and replace it. All I need to try and find now is whats involved in moving the climate controls down. Mine is an S with the electronic controls so hopefully they are easier to move than the manual ones.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
jfishburn
3rd Gear

Points- I was in the same boat, I found it easiest to just replace both the head unit and the amp. On the plus side the bezel around the dsp fits perfectly around the climate control unit making relocation easy. If you have need any help post here or feel free to email me at jfishburn@johnfishburn.com

Quick Reply: DSP removal