Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone knows how to remove/replace this windbreaker part?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:51 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone knows how to remove/replace this windbreaker part?

Greetings,

In my 2000 Boxster S, the plastic part (circled in the attached picture) that holds the windbreak is broken. It could no long hold the windbreak firmly under freeway top-down driving, so I guess I would need to replace this broken part.

My question is – Does anyone know how to remove this part? It seems it is screwed to the padded roll bar, but I don’t know how to remove the padding on the roll bar to check...

Any instructions will be very helpful.

With best regards,
- Alex.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:09 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you likley only need the little lever its avaliabe from the dealer and just snaps in
Old 06-13-2007, 11:53 AM
HHPorscheTech
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep all you need is the center windstop parts kit, a small trim panel tool to pop the trim on the roll bar off, a small drill bit ( it is riveted to the roll bar) and a pop rivet gun. Drill out the old one and rivet the new one in place. The parts kit comes with all three mounts and hardware.
I just sent you an email
Old 06-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...=5477&hl=rivet

We need to have another local work on cars day where we fix things like this.

I have met 2 new local owners with 2001s with broken clips on the roll bar. There is also a local 987 owner who wants to install the windstop kit.

As stated above, there is a kit that has both roll bar clips and the middle mount. You have to buy the kit since Porsche does not sell just he right side clip you need.

In the pictures in the link we are replacing Patrick's left clip. You might contact him and see if he will sell you the right side clip since we did not use it. He also has extra rivets, but they are standard pop-rivets.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:14 PM
HHPorscheTech
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure and buy enough drill bits for the 987 install, because were the center mount goes is reinforced steel and will eat up even my titanium nitirde bits....
Old 06-13-2007, 08:16 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jame-HHPorscheTech, Tool Pants, and everyone. This is great help

I will checkout if my local dealer has the mounting kit in stock (If not, I will let you know James, thanks). The RennTech link is very helpful too, thanks Tool Pants.

I think my right rollbar mount is broken due to plastic aging (it is very crisppy to touch). So, if I am going to replace the broken right mount I might as well replace the left one.

I will keep it posted. Thanks vevy much everyone, you folks are very very helpful.

With best regards,
- Alex.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the kit and the part number. Note that there are 2 holes on a roll bar clip and 2 rivets are included, but only 1 rivet is used.

Quick Reply: Anyone knows how to remove/replace this windbreaker part?